This is what the WhatsApp message says:
"❗OPEN LETTER TO ALL CHRISTIANS IN SOUTH AFRICA:
We request that you may stand with us in prayer as there is a process initiated in South Africa which is aimed at the onset of the persecution of the Church and the Christian Faith in 2017.
The CHRISTIAN MINISTERS COUNCIL OF SOUTHERN AFRICA appeals to all Christians in South Africa and elsewhere to set aside our vast differences and take action against this demonic process which is about to affect all Christians in the country.
🚩Two Agencies of the South African Government are standing ready with two documents which will be pushed through to parliament before March 2017.
1. THE PREVENTION AND COMBATING OF HATE CRIMES AND HATE SPEECH BILL.
2. THE CRL COMMISSION’s REPORT ON THE COMMERCIALISATION OF RELIGION IN SOUTH AFRICA.
⏩THE PREVENTION AND COMBATING OF HATE CRIMES AND HATE SPEECH BILL.
The Department of Justice wants to prosecute (put in jail for a maximum of 10 years) anybody who preaches or presents material (Bibles, Christian Books, CDs, DVDs etc) which the government may see as hate speech.
If anyone can find any Communication or hear any sermon which they say is discriminatory towards them, then they can take you to court and have you criminally charged for hate speech. You will serve time in jail for saying sin is sin if anyone can take offence at what you say.
ℹThe Department of Justice defines communication as: gesture; display; expression; written, illustrated or other descriptive matter; oral statement; representation or reference; and electronic communication (WhatsApp & Facebook).
⏩THE REPORT ON THE COMMERCIALISATION OF RELIGION:
The CRL Rights Commission wants churches to be regulated by government through a peer review process.
They say anybody who hold any position in the church has to be licensed before they can preach or take leadership in the church.
This is what they recommend to parliament:
1. That all religions in SA be controlled by one body (The Peer Review Council) and all ministers must obtain a license from this body before they can minister.
2. That a ‘place of worship’ must first be licensed before it can be used for worship and that such place must comply with the regulations of the local municipality before it is licensed. This means that if any place is not zoned as a church by the local municipality, then it will be shut down (churches in factories, shops, tents, garages, mokhukhus, under a tree, open air will all be shut down).
You are welcome to obtain a copy of these two documents from our Facebook Page ‘CHRISTIAN MINISTERS COUNCIL OF SOUTHERN AFRICA’ and study them for yourself.
The government has made deadlines for the submission of comments on these two documents as follows:
1. The Hate Speech Bill – deadline is 31 January 2017.
2. Commercialisation Report – deadline is 28 February 2017.
‼We APPEAL to all denominations, fraternals, Christian networks, churches, ministries and individual Christians to join hands in order to stop this onslaught against our faith.
If you are interested in taking action contact Ps Julius Moloi on +2773 926 2407 and if you want to, you can be added to a WhatsApp group for regular info.
Also see www.forsa.org.za
Please send this to all your contacts to get the message out."
As I do not belong to any denomination and have seen pretty vulgar things happen in churches, I decided to reserve my opinion. At the same time, this could be of interest to others.